Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Planning Commision - October 1, 2008

The Planning Commission voted this evening ----- to TABLE the vote on the rezoning request!

The issues were very clear. The city staff recommended against the rezoning. The consultant who knows Oakwood and worked with Oakwood recommended against the rezoning. Over 150 residents signed petitions against the rezoning. Rezoning is inconsistent with the Oakwood Comprehensive Plan. Yet, the commission tabled the vote. The discussion on the issue lasted from 4:30 to 8:00 p.m.

What a disappointment. So, it appears that Mr. Routsong and his attorneys will now have time to "roll up their sleeves" and see what they can do to respond to the city staff and the residents' legitimate objections to the rezoning of the 2 properties. We will continue to get more signatures and follow through with our efforts to defeat the rezoning proposal.

And so, we march forward. Pease comment here if you wish. Email me if you want to sign the petition and haven't yet! northoakwoodassociation@gmail.com . Or just send me an email to let me know what you think.

We'll be in touch.........

2 comments:

Rob said...

Thanks North Oakwood for your efforts. I must say after the planning commission meeting last night, my confidence in the planning commission is at an all time low...they cowered down, tail between legs and ran for the porch...pathetic.

I have shared my thoughts with Norb in the past, how apathetic I am towards Oakwood City Government. I have zero confidence in them doing even a reasonable job.

Rob Degenhart
248 Volusia Ave

Mike G. said...

Can you publish who is on the planning committee? I couldn't attend the meeting but plan on the next one...

Thanks,

Mike
3xx Irving Ave